Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Reading Wrap-up




I made May my reading month, in where I will read books as much as I can. I read a total of 7 books this month and I'm happy about it 'cause these books are so awesome and fun to read.








The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #3) by Rick Riordon

Well, I read this book for 3 days. For me it was much better than the second book. Great new characters and exciting plot. It is a very fast paced story but a bit predictable. I laugh a lot and I'm liking Percy 'cause he's being more mature.














Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

"Find the evil in the castle, but the only truly evil thing is the man ruling it."

I decided to read this book because of the hype around it. For me the first half is kinda boring because there's a lot of world building but what I should expect in the first book of a trilogy? As I read, I found myself flipping the pages so fast, I'm fascinated of The Adarlan's Assassin -The Queen of Underworld who loves dresses and parties. Chaol who is the captain of the guards who I think fancies Celeana and to Dorian The prince who loves to read. Who don't admire a prince who loves to read?!! Definitely not me! I love him. I"ll get the next 2 books soon. I heard it gets better and better.





Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K Rowling

The second book is a bit predictable and just like the first book, Voldemort showed himself again and wanted to kill Harry. It's fast-paced and I have so much fun reading it. I love Ron and Hermione bickering to each others. I pity Harry Potter for spending his birthday alone and he was treated like nothing by the Dursleys ugh :( But Harry Potter is really brave even he don't have his parents. He have his friends with him Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Hagrid, George and Fred. Fawkes the Phoenix. Dobby is so cute.








Ashes to Ashes by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian (Burn for Burn #3)

This last installment of Burn for Burn disappointed me. It's just like it needed to end the BOOM! It ended with nothing. Ugh. 












Days of Blood and Starlight (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #2)

"That was the most astonishing thing that they had found each other, even across worlds and lifetimes. For pure and shining moment, Karou had known joy"

The world of Karou and Akiva is so fascinating and engrossing. This book is heartbreakingly painful and depressing. It drained all the happiness in me but made me feel different kinds of emotions. Its like Karou and Akiva doesn't have the chance to be happy, it kills me :( Laini Taylor is the best, her poetic style of writing made me fall in love with her. I need time to read the last book 'cause I cannot make myself fall in sadness again.

"He wanted to tell her that everything he had done had done because he was broken, because watching her die had destroyed him, but there was no way to say it that didn't sound like he was trying to pin the blame outside himself"



This Song Will Save Yourself by Leila Sales

"That's the problem with life. You never get enough time to stare at your ceiling and try to figure out what's going on."

This book was full of emotions and inspiring, I found myself relating to the main character (Elise). She's lonely, frustrated and she was having trouble finding her place in the world. Her story was quite painful tho it was an uplifting experience. I would totally recommend this book to anyone who's having a tough time in their life. Maybe you can be Elise who found herself in music or perhaps you can find a piece of yourself in her story

Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K Rowling (Harry Potter #3)

This book is my favorite so far. I love the twists and turns of Harry's story, it is different from the first two books. I love how it covered the story of Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prong. THIS BOOK IS SO AWESOME!!












As I said I had a fun month of reading.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...